Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Favorite Season

>> Friday, September 22, 2017

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Last week we had a taste of fall, but this week, we're right back into humid dog days of summer. Please, please, PLEASE hurry up fall! 

For my farewell to summer card, I started by sponging on Distress oxide inks then I added a little splatter using a wet paintbrush. When it all dried (w/ a little help from the heat gun), I put it into my Misti & stamped the branch a couple of times using the faded jeans oxide ink.  Then I determined where the greeting would go & stamped it w/ the Versafine ink. I die cut the panel twice & inserted a very narrow white layer between them. Then I inked the Silhouette Leaf  using multiple colors of the oxide ink, misted the stamp w/ water then stamped them onto a separate piece of white c/s. (The lighter leaf on the far right is actually a second generation stamping.) After these dried, I lined up the open leaf image & stamped it on top w/ the jeans ink then fussy cut them to add on top.
 Here's a look at the inside where I did the leaves the same way.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink:  Distress oxide inks fossilized amber, wild honey, spiced marmalade, worn lipstick, faded jeans, peacock feathers, wilted violet, Versafine majestic blue
accessories:   Spellbinders A2 matting basics A & B, Misti


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Absolutely beautiful, Julie. Love the mix of colors and the really pretty leaves. Super idea and very well executed here. Amazing as always.

Shelia said...

Beautiful fall CAS, Julie. Great use of oxide inks!

Karin said...

Ooooo! The colors on this fall card are just beautiful!
Great design and I love the cascading leaves inside too :)

Sue said...

Awesome card Julie! What a fantastic idea to use the branch and leaves together!! Fun color scheme - and I LOVE how your background came out - the splatters make it!

Janett said...

Love the color choices I would have never thought to use the blue for the limb, and your leaves are so pretty.

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Julie!! I love those leaves and your bg is amazing!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP